Friday, July 29, 2011

guilt free! (almost)

Tonight I am going to Sipsnstokes!! Mallory, my best friend since 6th grade, college roommate, and the maid of honor at my wedding,  and I like to spend the time we have together... since she just had to go move to the ATL away from me...doing something creative.  Sipsnstrokes is a place where people learn to paint a particular picture for that night and they bring their own drinks to sip on while painting.  The sipping helps the painting process, believe it or not! Tonight's picture is Starry Night and tonight's drink is a hungry girl margarita.
   I mentioned weight watchers points in my post from yesterday, and yes, I am trying to lose weight on weight watchers!  I have lost about 10 lbs so far, and it really has been an easy process.  Hungry girl and her awesome recipes have really helped me!  My favorite thing that I have tried so far from her recipe collection have to be the margaritas.
   I love a margarita, but the guilt (and point) factor for a strawberry margarita is ridiculous!  Hungry girl's margarita comes in at just 4 points, and it tastes great!

  Here's what ya need: one shot of tequila or one "mini", 3/4 of a can of sprite zero ( or a cute baby sprite like I had!!), one package of your favorite crystal light flavor, and a little bit of lime juice (I didn't use lime, but most people like it with the lime!).     Mix the ingredients and then add ice! Yum!
Isn't this tumbler cute? My sweeeeetttttt and wonderful mother in law had this one made for me and gave it to me! The pictures on the side are from our wedding last year, and the writing says Gulf Shores, Alabama, 8/28/10.  She is the BEST!!

Here's my masterpiece!

As you can see from the picture I was feeling a little silly-- trust me, it wasn't from the drink!! This painting took a LONG time, and it was midnight when this picture was taken.  Sleepy!!!

The picture didn't turn out quite how I wanted, but I wouldn't say it was the worst in the class!! The top actually looks really good- I am really happy with the way it turned out.... It is hard to see the detail in the black blob thing on this picture, but in real life it looks more like smoke curling out of the top and is pretty neat! Who knows?   I may end up hanging this one up!! Or it may just end up in a big pile with a bunch of others I've done in our guest room! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment