Monday, August 29, 2011

Anniversary Breakfast!

Yesterday was my one year anniversary of being married to my sweeeeetttt billy! I woke up early and made him breakfast to start the celebration.  He doesn't really like pancakes or waffles (my favs) but he does love eggs, so I made him a farmer's omelet with bacon and biscuits for breakfast.

I just made canned biscuits! eassssyyyyyy!

For the bacon, I made it in the oven so it was nice and flat.  400 degrees for 15 minutes on a cookie sheet, done!

The omelet starts with sauteing some veggies-- 1/2 a bellpepper, 1 medium tomato, 1 jalapeno, 5 mini-potatoes with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.  Cook until they are tender.

Remove the veggies to a plate and crack 3 eggs into a bowl with a little heavy cream, salt, and pepper.  Beat the eggs together and then put into the hot skillet.  Lift and turn the skillet and make sure that the eggs distribute evenly.  After about a minute or so flip the whole thing over.  Cook for another 30-45 seconds and then remove to a plate.  Put the veggies in the middle of the omelet and then close!

Billy really liked his omelet! I like the bacon in the oven because more of the fat runs off, and it also stays flat so its easier to put into a biscuit!


We had a really good day and a really good anniversary.  We just spent the whole day together... ahhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment