Monday, August 8, 2011

WW friendly!!

Tonight's dinner was a thrown together feast-- and it just so happens to be WW friendly (mostly)!  Today was a looonnnggggg day... I was at school until 5 working on getting myself and my room ready for work on Wednesday when the kids come back.... 5 is LATE for me!! Between going through data from state testing to fighting with the computer that I was given to trying to figure out how I am going to teach to each child individually so that they  pass the state test and get to graduate.... I am stressing out!!

I didn't even go grocery shopping last week because I was dreading going back to work and somehow figured that not shopping would slow it down.... the only meal that I actually cooked at home was the one that I blogged about-- pathetic, I know!!  This week there will be more meals at home-- I made dinner tonight and have enough food for at least three more meals this week.... one of which will be my never before made meal!

Tonight, I made and almost WW friendly panko crusted tilipa with crab cakes and and more three cheese mac and cheese ( I did say almost!)

** no pictures today! my phone is DEAD!**

I'll start with the most WW friendly thing- the fish!
I used:
2 tilipa fillets
1 egg
1/2 cup of Panko bread crumbs
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of old bay
1/3 teaspoon of salt
a little water

To start, pre heat your oven to 400.  While the oven is heating up, crack the egg into a bowl, add a little water and whisk together.  In another bowl pour the panko, garlic, old bay, and salt and mix together.  Dry off the fish, and then dunk in the egg wash.  Put in the panko mixture, smush it down a little and then flip over and smush again. Place on a cookie sheet with parchment paper on it.  You should have LOTS of panko left over, so take a couple of tablespoons for each fillet and smush it onto the top of the fish.  Cook for about 7 minutes!!

Each fillet comes out to be about 4-5 points depending on how much panko you used.  I end up with having a little more than half of the panko left over, so one fish fillet ends up being about 4 points.  The fish fillet itself is 2 points, the panko is 3 points for 1/4 cup (which is split between two fillets), and the egg wash comes to be nothing, not enough ends up on the fish to really count for anything.

The next thing is a crab cakes!
You'll need:
1 container of crab claw meat
one egg
1/4 cup bread crumbs
a few squirts of mayo
2 1/2 teaspoons of minced garlic
1/3 teaspoon of horseradish
1 teaspoon of old bay
2 tablespoons EVOO

start by rinsing the crab meat- it can be VERY salty!  Dry on some paper towels.  Add to a bowl with the rest of the ingredients.  Mix everything together with your hands-- they are your best tools!  divide the mixture into 4.  Form into patties, and then sear in a sautee pan for about 3 minutes on one side and 2 on the other! Eat and enjoy!!

I LOVE this because the entire 6 oz container of crab meat is only 3 points!  I figured that I used about 2 tablespoons of mayo, so that equals about 5 points.  The EVOO is HIGH in points (6 for 2 tablespoons!), but we are supposed to get those oils in, so it doesn't hurt so bad!  Also, the EVOO has a LOT left over in the pan after cooking- about half, so really you only have to count 3 points for the whole recipe!  The egg is 2 points.  For half of the mix- 2 cakes- that comes out to be 6.5 points.  Eat that with a salad of some kind (for free!) and dinner isn't so bad!

4 points for the fish
6.5 for the crabcakes
salad for free(or whatever the dressing is)
=10.5 points for your whole meal!

well, not my whole meal!
I also ate 1/2 a cup of the mac and cheese-- that was also about 7 points.... whoops!!
I improved the mac and cheese with some bacon, salt, pepper, and hot sauce! Yum!

Eat something good for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment