Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Something new...

When I was telling my husband, Billy, about making a blog about food he thought it was a good idea.  Then he pointed out the fact that I tend to make the same things over and over and over!  An idea he gave me was to have a once a week dinner where I make something that I never have before.  This will be the first of those never before attempted meals!
      Today is also my last day of summer vacation (BOO!) and I met Billy for lunch since it will be a while before we get to spend a weekday together again.  After dining on some really good Chinese for lunch, we headed over to Fresh Market.  Billy wheeled around the store like a mad man and picked up 4 peaches, an artichoke, 3 different kinds of cheese, and a veal shank.

I had an idea right away for the cheese-it's  kind of obvious, mac and cheese, but I am going to bake it in the oven to make it extra good!  I have never ever used a whole artichoke before, and I still have no idea when I am going to do with it, but I'm sure that it will be fine.  The veal shank is another story.  I was watching the food network the other day, and Ann Burell was making oso bucco, so I'm thinking I may make that.  The peaches are going to go into a cobbler.  I made Bill some peach cobbler a couple of weeks ago and he LOVED it, so that's what I am going to do again.

Wish me luck!! (I may need it!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment